Makin and Luby Motors Pty Ltd collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when you:
- purchase a new or used vehicle, part or accessory from Makin and Luby Motors Pty Ltd;
- make an enquiry about a vehicle, parts, accessories or services;
- request a new vehicle, parts, accessories or service quotation;
- have a vehicle appraised;
- request a brochure, specification sheet, information or other materials about vehicles, parts, accessories or services;
- arrange finance for the purchase of your vehicle;
- take a test drive at Makin and Luby Motors Pty Ltd;
- take your vehicle to be serviced or repaired at Makin and Luby Motors Pty Ltd;
- enter a Makin and Luby Motors Pty Ltd trade promotion; or
- participate in a Makin and Luby Motors Pty Ltd marketing, product development, profiling, survey or research campaign;
- become friends with Makin and Luby Motors Pty Ltd through the Facebook website;
- make an enquiry through the Makin and Luby Motors Pty Ltd website.
We may also collect your personal information from third parties, including our service providers, contractors and agents. If we are unable to collect personal information we require, we may not be able to do business with you or the organisation with which you are connected.
We mainly collect information about your contact details (including your name, address, email, phone, mobile and fax numbers). However, there will be circumstances where we may require other personal information from you, such as a copy of your driver's license if you participate in a test drive or your financial information if you are seeking finance for the purchase of your vehicle. Other aggregate but non-personally identifiable information may also be collected, such as demographic information about your age, gender and occupation. This information will in no way personally identify you and is used in an aggregate form to help improve our products and services.
3. Third party websites
Our website may contain links to web sites owned or operated by third parties. We take no responsibility for the privacy practices or content of these other websites. These other web sites may contain their own privacy policies and their owners or operators are responsible for informing you about their security and privacy practices. We recommend that you thoroughly read the privacy policies of these third party web sites.
We collect your personal information to ensure we deliver quality products and services to our customers and potential customers. To achieve this, we may use your personal information for a number of purposes including:
- to respond to your enquiries about vehicles, parts, accessories or services;
- to process sales orders, and administer accounts and warranty records;
- to provide you with necessary support;
- to attend to the servicing or repair of your vehicle;
- for product development, market research, and other marketing and promotional activities;
- to carry out our legal compliance obligations, such as to conduct a product safety recall where necessary.
We may use your personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected. For example, to respond to your enquiries about the specifications of a vehicle, or to contact you if you are the winner of a Makin and Luby Motors Pty Ltd trade promotion. We may also use your personal information for related secondary purposes that you would reasonably expect, such as sending you mail or emails with details of new vehicles or services, special offers or promotions that may be of interest to you. You can contact us at any time if you do not wish to receive marketing material.
We may disclose your personal information to our employees, officers, contractors, agents, related bodies corporate and affiliated companies with Makin and Luby Motors Pty Ltd, and service providers who need to work closely with our database to complete their work for us (such as mailing houses for bulk mailing of letters, printers for marketing material, IT database service providers or the financier). We will require our service providers to keep your personal information confidential and not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the purpose of performing their work for us.
We may also disclose your personal information where you consent to us doing so or as is otherwise allowed or required by law.
6. Storage and security
Security of your personal information is important to us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Your personal information is stored within secured premises by Makin and Luby Motors Pty Ltd or its subsidiary companies. The storage facility has physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
7. Access & Correction
You may seek access to your personal information which we hold about you and we will provide you with access in accordance with the NPPs. We may require that you provide suitable identification for security purposes before allowing you to access your personal information. We may also charge an access fee to cover the reasonable cost of retrieving the information and supplying it to you. Access to your personal information may be refused in a number of circumstances, such as where the information relates to anticipated legal proceedings or the request for access is frivolous or vexatious. If we deny or restrict your access, we will give you reasons why.
We rely on the personal information we hold in conducting our business. Therefore, it is very important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. If you become aware that any personal information which we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or not up to date, please contact us using our details below to correct or update your personal information.
8. Contact details
If you have any concerns or questions about the way your personal information is managed and used by us, please feel free to contact our Privacy Officer. The contact details are as follows:
The Privacy Officer
Makin and Luby
68 Albert St Preston VIC 3072
Phone: 03 9458 8825
Fax: 03 9484 1011